Top 10 Driver Ratings at Homestead
Matt Kenseth............................ 107.7
Kevin Harvick........................... 106.6
Martin Truex Jr......................... 101.8
Kyle Larson.............................. 101.6
Jimmie Johnson.......................... 97.8
Kyle Busch................................. 96.9
Denny Hamlin............................. 95.8
Chase Elliott............................... 95.5
Brad Keselowski......................... 88.5
Joey Logano............................... 87.4
Note: Driver Ratings compiled from 2005-2016 races (12 total) among active drivers at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
· Groundbreaking for Homestead-Miami Dade Motorsports Complex - as the track was originally named - began Aug. 24, 1993.
· The first race held at Homestead-Miami Speedway was a NASCAR XFINITY Series event on Nov. 5, 1995 - won by NASCAR Hall of Famer Dale Jarrett.
· The original configuration was a four-turn, rectangular oval based on Indianapolis Motor Speedway's layout.
· The first Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race at Homestead-Miami was held on Nov. 14, 1999 - won by Tony Stewart (Pontiac).
· 2002 was the first season the Championship Weekend was held at Homestead, with all three of NASCAR's national series holding their season finale at the same track.
· Since the inception of the position-based points system in 1975, only four drivers have made up a points deficit in the season finale: Richard Petty in 1979 (made up two points on Darrell Waltrip), Alan Kulwicki in 1992 (made up 30 points on Davey Allison), Jimmie Johnson in 2010 (made up 15 points on Denny Hamlin) and Tony Stewart in 2011 (made up three points on Carl Edwards).
· There have been 18 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races at Homestead-Miami Speedway, one per season since 1999.
· 129 drivers have competed in at least one Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race at Homestead-Miami Speedway; 101 have competed in more than one.
· Jeff Gordon, Matt Kenseth and Tony Stewart lead the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series in starts at Homestead-Miami Speedway with 17 each.
· Brad Keselowski (nine starts) leads the series in average starting position with a 11.333.
· A total of 14 different drivers have won a Coors Light Pole Award at Homestead-Miami Speedway, led by Kurt Busch, Carl Edwards, Jimmie Johnson and Kasey Kahne with two each.
· David Green won the first Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Coors Light pole at Homestead-Miami Speedway in 1999 at a speed of 155.759 mph (34.669 sec.) in a Pontiac.
· Youngest Homestead-Miami pole winner: Joey Logano (11/18/2012 - 22 years, 5 months, 25 days).
· Oldest Homestead-Miami pole winner: Bill Elliott (11/11/2001 - 46 years, 1 month, 3 days).
· Jamie McMurray (November, 2003) and David Reutimann (November, 2008) won their first series career Coors Light poles at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
· There have been 12 different Monster Energy NASCAR Series race winners at Homestead-Miami Speedway; with four of the 12 having multiple wins.
· Greg Biffle and Tony Stewart lead the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series in wins at Homestead-Miami Speedway with three wins each; followed by Carl Edwards and Denny Hamlin with two each.
· Of the four drivers with multiple wins at Homestead, Tony Stewart is the only driver to win in two different manufacturers: Pontiac (1999, 2000) and Chevrolet (2011).
· Two drivers have won consecutive races at Homestead-Miami: Tony Stewart (1999 - 2000) and Greg Biffle (2004 - 2006, three straight).
· Youngest Homestead winner: Kurt Busch (11/17/2002 - 24 years, 3 months, 13 days).
· Oldest Homestead winner: Bill Elliott (11/11/2001 - 46 years, 1 month, 3 days).
· Roush Fenway Racing leads the series in wins at Homestead-Miami with seven, followed by Joe Gibbs Racing with six.
· Two of the 18 (11.1%) Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races at Homestead-Miami Speedway have been won from the Coors Light pole: Bill Elliott (2001) and Kurt Busch (2002).
· Five of the 18 (27.8%) Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races at Homestead-Miami have been won from the front row: two from the pole and three from second starting position.
· 12 of the 18 (66.7%) Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races at Homestead-Miami have been won from a starting position inside the top 10 - most recently - Kyle Busch (third starting position; 2015).
· Six of the 18 (33.3%) Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races at Homestead-Miami have been won from a starting position outside the top 10 - most recently - Jimmie Johnson (14th starting position; 2016).
· Denny Hamlin won the 2009 race from the 38th-place starting position, the furthest back a race winner has started at HMS.
· Tony Stewart (1999) is the only driver to win at Homestead-Miami in his first appearance.
Additional Finishing Positions
· A total of 15 different MENCS drivers have finished runner-up at Homestead-Miami Speedway, led by Kevin Harvick with three second-place finishes; followed by Jimmie Johnson with two.
· A total of 35 different MENCS drivers have finished in the top-five at Homestead-Miami, led by Kevin Harvick with eight top fives; followed by Jeff Gordon (seven), Carl Edwards and Jimmie Johnson (with five each).
· A total of 52 different MENCS drivers have finished in the top-10 at Homestead-Miami, led by Kevin Harvick with 14 top 10s; followed by Jeff Gordon (13), and Jimmie Johnson (11).
· Kevin Harvick leads the series in average finish position at Homestead-Miami Speedway with a 6.938
Track / Event Specific Stats
· Since the advent of electronic scoring the closest margin of victory in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series at Homestead-Miami Speedway is the November 20, 2005 race won by Greg Biffle with a MOV of 0.017 seconds over second-place Mark Martin.
· Qualifying has never been cancelled due to weather conditions at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
· None of the 18 series races at Homestead-Miami Speedway have been shortened due to weather.
· Three of the 18 series races at Homestead-Miami Speedway have ended under NASCAR Overtime.
· Danica Patrick became the first and only female driver to compete in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
NASCAR in Florida
· There have been 373 NASCAR national series races among 10 tracks in the state of Florida.
· The first NASCAR national series race held in the state of Florida was on July 10, 1949 at the Daytona Beach & Road Course in Daytona Beach, Florida - the event was won by Red Byron (Oldsmobile).
Florida Drivers in NASCAR
· 181 drivers that have made at least one start in a NASCAR national series race have their home state recorded as Florida.
· There have been 11 NASCAR national series race winners from the state of Florida.