<
>

LIVE Transfer Talk: Man United hopeful of Christian Eriksen move in January

play
Would Haaland get game time at Man United? (1:20)

Steve Nicol has doubts about Erling Haaland's fit at Old Trafford should the star make a move to Man United. (1:20)

The transfer windows in Europe's top leagues are closed, but it's never too early to look forward to January. Click here to view the latest transfers, and keep up to date with the newest gossip below.

TOP STORY: Manchester United still hopeful over Eriksen

Manchester United are still hopeful that they can secure a deal for Tottenham Hotspur playmaker Christian Eriksen, the Mirror reports.

The popular Denmark international, who hasn't featured as a starter since Jose Mourinho entered the picture for Spurs, is seemingly going to be leaving North London within the next two transfer windows as his contract is set to expire next summer.

Despite Eriksen reportedly rejecting United just a few months ago, the departure of Mauricio Pochettino and their poor form this season has given the Red Devils renewed hope that they can get something done.

United will need to put the work in during the January window, although Eriksen has apparently indicated that he'd prefer to play in a different culture in the next stage of his career.

LIVE BLOG

10.40 GMT: Argentina veteran forward Carlos Tevez says he would like to remain at Boca Juniors next year.

Tevez, 35, has yet to sign a contract extension with his current deal expiring at the end of this month.

The forward returned to Boca in January 2018 for a third spell at the club after an unsuccessful time with Chinese Super League side Shanghai Shenhua. Boca have presidential elections on Sunday.

"There is nothing else that motivates me more," Tevez told ESPN Argentina. "If Real Madrid came for me, I would stay at Boca. "It could be my last year as a player for Boca and I'm putting all my energy into that. Although these days, there are more sad moments than joyful ones. I want to continue to try. Once I know I can't give anymore, I will step aside.

"I love this jersey and I don't see myself anywhere else. "If [Boca sporting director Nicolas] Burdisso calls me and says they want me then I want to stay. I want to continue playing and retire with this jersey."

09.55 GMT: Netherlands boss Ronald Koeman has brushed aside reports linking him with the Barcelona managerial position.

Barca sporting director Eric Abidal recently said that Koeman fits the criteria to coach Barcelona one day.

Speaking at a tribute to Johan Cruyff in Barcelona, Koeman said: "I have two years left on my contract with the national team and I don't like to talk about Barca.

"It's uncomfortable for many reasons. I have a job and it's not fair to talk about this. If it happens, it happens and if it doesn't, it doesn't. There are more important things in life. Although anything can happen."

09.20 GMT: The Telegraph report that Borussia Dortmund will not sell Jadon Sancho in the January transfer window.

The England international has been linked with a move away from the Bundesliga side after reportedly falling out with head coach Lucien Favre this season.

Manchester United and Liverpool are reportedly tracking the player's situation, but the newspaper claims Dortmund will only consider selling him in the summer for more than £100 million.

play
1:37

Liverpool 'a favourable' option for Jadon Sancho

Mark Ogden doesn't believe Jadon Sancho will be best suited to join Liverpool in January.

08.50 GMT: Chelsea are interested in signing Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha next summer, according to the Independent.

The report claims that Chelsea have held talks with the player's representative Federico Pastorello about a possible deal.

The Ivory Coast international's contract at Palace runs until 2023 and the club reportedly value him at £70 million.

Arsenal also attempted to sign Zaha last summer but opted to acquire Nicolas Pepe for a club record fee.

08.25 GMT: Gareth Bale's agent Jonathan Barnett has claimed that the forward is "not ecstatic" at Real Madrid.

Bale admitted he was shocked after being whistled by Madrid supporters, and Barnett refused to rule a move away from the club in January.

"We'll have to wait and see," he told the BBC. "Nothing has changed. He's a Real Madrid player, he's got a contract with Real Madrid. As long as Real Madrid want him, there's not much one can do about it."

"Well, he's not ecstatic. He's got a contract and as long as he's a Real Madrid player he'll play 100% and do very well."

"We keep our things pretty private. If the right opportunity came along for him and it's something he wants to do, we'll have to have a chat with Real Madrid and with the president and see where we are."

08.00 GMT: Massimiliano Allegri has confirmed to ESPN his intention to wait until the summer before returning to management, amid links with the vacancy at Arsenal.

The 52-year-old, who remains under contract at Juventus until the end of the season, has been linked with many top jobs that have become available since his five-year spell in Turin drew to a close in the summer.

Asked if he's hungry to get back into the game, Allegri, speaking in an exclusive interview with ESPN, ruled out taking a job in-season, saying: "In June. I don't know if you can call it a sabbatical or not. Giovanni [Branchini] and I immediately came to that decision. As soon as the relationship with Juventus came to an end the decision was to take a year out."

Meanwhile, sources have told ESPN that Patrick Vieira is not at the top of the Arsenal wish list for their managerial role but remains in contention.

Former Gunners captain Vieira, who manages at French club Nice, is one of the candidates and his profile is being considered by the club's hierarchy. However, reports stating that he was the favourite to get the job are off the mark at the moment.

Leicester City manager Brendan Rodgers is another name prominently linked with taking over at the Emirates. The Daily Telegraph reports that the Foxes have opened talks with the former Liverpool and Celtic boss over a new contract at the King Power Stadium, just 10 months after he was appointed.

PAPER TALK (by Harry Kettle): Barcelona hesitant over Reinier

Spanish giants Barcelona are still hesitant over a possible move for Flamengo teenager Reinier despite being interested in the youngster, Mundo Deportivo reports.

At the age of just 17, he's certainly still a work in progress and an unproven talent in the top European leagues, with the latter point a concern for Barcelona.

Despite his release clause going from €70 million down to €35 million, there is still some concern at the Nou Camp that he doesn't warrant that kind of fee as the January transfer window looms large.

However, if the versatile attacking midfielder joins Real Madrid's Vinicius Junior and Milan's Lucas Paqueta off the Flamengo talent assembly line, it could be money well spent for the La Liga leaders.

- When does the transfer window reopen?
- All major completed transfer deals

Callejon could leave Napoli

Napoli forward Jose Callejon could leave the Italian giants during the January transfer window, Gazzetta dello Sport reports.

The veteran forward's contract is set to expire in June, and he isn't pleased with the fact that he's had a reduced role at the club as of late. The belief is he could be entertaining a reunion with former manager Rafa Benitez, who is coaching in China with Dalian Yifang.

Callejon has been in Naples since arriving from Real Madrid back in 2013, but he doesn't seem to be afraid of the idea of testing the waters elsewhere.

Tap-ins

- Inter Milan striker Matteo Politano has no intention of leaving the club during the January transfer window, Tuttosport reports. Politano has been forced to endure a heavily reduced role within the squad under Antonio Conte, but that hasn't deterred him from wanting to break back into the first team.

- Arsenal midfielder Lucas Torreira is ready and willing to fight for his place in the first team amid rumours over his future, as confirmed by the man himself during an interview with Arsenal.com. The Uruguay midfielder has recognised that it's been a tough transition for him in English football, but even with that being the case, he wants to stay at the Emirates until at least the end of the season.

- Calciomercato is reporting that Torino have set an asking price for the sale of forward Simone Zaza. The expectation is that the Italian will be leaving the club during the January transfer window after failing to lock down a consistent place in the starting XI, with Torino being prepared to allow him to leave for a fee of around €15 million.