The transfer window is open, and Transfer Talk has the latest rumours making the rounds. Follow live with our daily blog throughout the summer.
TOP STORY: United set to turn backs on Rose
Manchester United are ready to abandon plans to sign Tottenham defender Danny Rose, the Telegraph reports.
It says the England full-back "is facing disappointment over his dream move after United boss Jose Mourinho shelved plans to sign another full-back."
Rose has been strongly linked with a switch to Old Trafford in recent months and had been tipped to make a £50 million move ahead of the new season.
But the Telegraph says he will return from the World Cup "to find out he may have to stay at Spurs" because Mourinho has suspended a move after the arrival of Diogo Dalot.
Instead, the manager wants to focus on other areas, "with a central defender a greater priority."
23.06 BST: That's going to do it for Wednesday's live edition of Transfer Talk. Thanks very much for joining us, and be sure to check back in a few short hours when we return with all the latest gossip pulled from Thursday's back pages.
22.52 BST: Liverpool and Chelsea are ready to make offers for 21-year-old Cagliari starlet Nicolo Barella, Calciomercato sites Sardinian outlet La Nuova Sardegna as reporting. The midfielder has been dubbed "the Italian Nainggolan" -- an apt nickname considering Radja Nainggolan also cut his teeth at Cagliari -- and has reportedly drawn interest from Juventus, Roma and Inter as well.
22.25 BST: Paris Saint-Germain's last-ditch attempt to prevent youth academy graduate Yacine Adli from signing a professional contract with Arsenal has succeeded, with the 17-year-old now set to pen senior terms with his formative club, a source close to PSG has revealed to ESPN FC.
21.58 BST: Atletico Madrid's deal for Thomas Lemar has given Liverpool and Tottenham an unexpected boost, as Los Rojiblancos' pending signing of the France international has left the Premier League duo free to sign AC Milan playmaker Suso, talkSPORT cites Tuttosport as reporting.
21.11 BST: Sadio Mane downplayed rumours of a possible move away from Liverpool amid Real Madrid interest, saying he is happy at the club. Read the full story.
20.44 BST: Ajax have set the price for their two highly sought-after youngsters, 21-year-old Frenkie de Jong and 18-year-old Matthijs de Ligt, according to Calciomercato. The pair are interesting Barcelona, and Juventus are also in on centre-back De Ligt, with the Dutch club demanding €50 million for De Jong and €60 million for De Ligt.
20.17 BST: How could Sampdoria midfielder Lucas Torreira fit in at Arsenal? Former Gunner Stewart Robson weighs in.
Is Sampdoria's Torreira a good fit for Arsenal?
Former Arsenal midfielder Stewart Robson shares his thoughts on how Sampdoria's Lucas Torreira would fit in at the Emirates.
19.50 BST: Should former Napoli manager Maurizio Sarri take over for Antonio Conte in the Chelsea dugout, the 59-year-old will look to raid his old club for 24-year-old Albanian international right-back Elseid Hysaj, talkSPORT cites Italian outlet Rai Sport as reporting.
19.23 BST: UEFA has closed its financial fair play investigation into Paris Saint-Germain after declaring itself satisfied with their "break-even result" over 2015, 2016 and 2017. However, the Ligue 1 champions remain under scrutiny for transfer activity from last summer up to and including this summer's window, and their compliance with this year's break-even requirements.
PSG have avoided the threat of a ban from the Champions League, but need to raise significant funds -- reportedly a figure of €60 million -- before the end of the month to avoid any immediate issues. Read the full story.
18.56 BST: Real Madrid believe this is the year they finally sign Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea, the Manchester Evening News reports, and Los Blancos president Florentino Perez is prepared to pay £100 million to get his man.
18.29 BST: Two of Valencia's top executives are traveling to Italy to secure the sale of right-back Joao Cancelo to Juventus, according to Calciomercato. Manchester United and Wolverhampton Wanderers are reportedly interested in the 24-year-old, although it looks as though he's set to remain in Serie A having spent last season on loan at Inter.
18.02 BST: After finding his client frozen out at Chelsea in the second half of last season, the agent of David Luiz is sounding out Napoli and three other Italian clubs as potential landing spots for the 31-year-old centre-back, talkSPORT cites Portuguese outlet UOL Esporte as reporting.
17.35 BST: Barcelona have received an offer for 24-year-old midfielder Andre Gomes, Calciomercato cites Calatan outlet Mundo Deportivo as reporting, with Tottenham and Juventus reportedly leading the chase for the out-of-favour Portugal international.
17.08 BST: Bayern Munich defender Jerome Boateng could be allowed to leave the Allianz Arena this summer, as Manchester United have been linked with a move for the 29-year-old. "If a club comes to us and he says that he wants to join that club, then we will negotiate. But the offer has to be important," the Manchester Evening News cites Bild as quoting Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge.
16.35 BST: Serbian Under-21 midfielder Uros Racic has passed a medical and is expected to sign a four-year contract on Wednesday to become Valencia's first summer signing, according to Super Deporte. The 20-year-old will join the club from Red Star Belgrade in a reported €2 million transfer.
16:08 BST: Nantes have completed a permanent move for midfielder Rene Krhin, according to 20 Minutes Nantes, with the Slovenian staying in France after the end of his one-year loan from Granada. The Ligue 1 club were able to secure Krhin for only €300,000.
15:46 BST: According to Sky Sports, West Ham United have reached an agreement to sign 21-year-old Toulouse defender Issa Diop for £22.3 million.
15:29 BST: Tottenham Hotspur have made a 15 million offer for Aston Villa midfielder Jack Grealish, according to Sky Sports.
Spurs have been watching Grealish for some time, sources told ESPN FC last week, and were weighing an offer that has finally be made.
15:25 BST: DONE DEAL -- Nicolai Muller, who notoriously tore the ACL in his right knee after celebrating a goal in the first game last season, has left Hamburg for Eintracht Frankfurt on a free transfer.
Muller, 30, has joined the DFB Pokal holders on a two-year deal with an option for a third season.
15:06 BST: Inter Milan CEO Alessandro Antonello said there is "no cause for concern" with Mauro Icardi, who has been linked to moves to Juventus and Chelsea.
"He's our player, our captain, and we'll discuss a new contract with him in the coming weeks," Antonello told La Gazzetta dello Sport.
Antonello also refused to be drawn on discussing a move for Roma's Radja Nainggolan, saying only that "our objective is to have a competitive side for the league and for the Champions League."
14:54 BST: Marc-Andre ter Stegen would be thrilled to have Bayern Munich midfielder Thiago Alcantara join him at Barcelona.
"His playing style suits us, and that's an interesting thought for us," Ter Stegen told Sport Bild. "Sure, he's a very individual and special type of player, but it would open a lot of new opportunities for us. It'd be great for us and him if one day a deal materializes."
14:31 BST: Ademola Lookman joined RB Leipzig on a loan in January and impressed enough that they want to sign him permanently, according to Sport Bild.
Lookman, 20, became the first English player since Tony Woodcock in 1987 to score two goals in a Bundesliga game when he did so in a 4-1 win over Wolfsburg on May 5.
14:21 BST: With Sport Bild reporting that Arsenal are in talks with Bayer Leverkusen over a move for goalkeeper Bernd Leno, the German club have said that they won't let him leave for €18m and are instead holding out for €25m, with Napoli also interested.
The opportunity won't be there for long, however, as Arsenal want Leno to make a decision imminently before moving on.
14:16 BST: AC Milan sporting director Massimiliano Mirabelli told Sky Italia that the club will hold onto all their big players this summer -- and that means goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma.
Mirabelli also threw water on a rumoured swap deal with Monaco for Radamel Falcao, with Andre Silva going the other way.
"It seems improbable," he said. "Falcao is a great player, but he's in the final stages of his career whereas Andre is young and he must be given time to get used to Serie A. I'm convinced that in future he will become one of the best in the world. We've not received any offer for him that makes us weak at the knees."
14:00 BST: Newcastle have been linked with a move for Bas Dost in the past, but the Chronicle suggests that is no longer the case. It reports that "despite the striker releasing himself from his contract with Sporting Lisbon, it is thought that United have other players in mind this summer."
13:30 BST: Swansea City and Fulham swapped have divisions, and the BBC reports that the newly-promoted Londoners have seen a bid for Swans forward Jordan Ayew, thought to have been of around £8 million, turned down.
13:15 BST: To the Championship now, where the Telegraph reports that Nottingham Forest manager Aitor Karanka will "smash the club's transfer record" with a £13.2 million move for Benfica midfielder Joao Carvalho.
12:45 BST: Former Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel could yet join up with former Anfield teammate Steven Gerrard at Rangers, with the Scotsman, citing reports in Turkey, saying a move is back on.
12:15 BST -- DONE DEAL: Two signings in two days for Cardiff, who have brought in left-back Greg Cunningham from Championship side Preston for an undisclosed fee.
12:00 BST: That £25 million Burnley bid for West Bromwich Albion's Craig Dawson and Jay Rodriguez, mentioned earlier? The Baggies are poised to reject it, the Express and Star reports.
11:30 BST: More from Juventus general manager Beppe Marotta, who has said talk of the club signing Inter striker Mauro Icardi is "fantasy football."
11:15 BST: Diario AS reports that Real Sociedad are prepared to go all out to sign Newcastle midfielder Mikel Merino.
11:00 BST -- DONE DEAL: Bolton Wanderers have signed playmaker Erhun Oztumer from League One side Walsall.
10:50 BST -- DONE DEAL: Rangers forward Joe Dodoo has completed a season-long loan move to League One Blackpool, with the move freeing up extra funds for Gers boss Steven Gerrard as he reshapes his squad.
10:40 BST: Arsenal remain in talks with Sampdoria over a move for midfielder Lucas Torreira, although a source has told ESPN FC that no deal has yet been finalised.
Torreira is Arsenal's main central midfield target and they are hoping to reach an agreement on a deal for the Uruguay international, who has a €25 million release clause.
10:10 BST: Turkish side Fenerbahce are ahead of Southampton in the race to sign Paco Alcacer, with Barcelona asking for more than £20 million for the striker, Mundo Deportivo reports.
09:45 BST: Lyon have joined the hunt for Mainz's Abdou Diallo, L'Equipe reports. The France under-21 captain is also interesting both Arsenal and Borussia Dortmund.
09:30 BST: Burnley are in the market to sign two West Bromwich Albion players, with defender Craig Dawson and striker Jay Rodriguez, a former Burnley player, their targets. The Lancashire Evening Telegraph says the Clarets are ready to spend £25 million on the pair.
09:15 BST: Bordeaux are considering an offer for Manchester City forward Thierry Ambrose, a 21-year-old France under-19 international who spent a successful loan spell at NAC Breda last season.
08:45 BST: Juventus general manager Beppe Marotta has had his say on transfer rumours surrounding Gonzalo Higuain: "Our players are not for sale unless they ask to leave -- at the moment, he's at the World Cup in Russia and he's not expressed any desire to leave."
08:30 BST: Fiorentina owner Diego Della Valle has said Federico Chiesa is "in form, beautiful, excellent and well-mannered, with a perfect father, so who is asking him to leave Florence?" amid rumours that Inter Milan are ready to offer €70 million for him.
08:05 BST: At least one player appears pleased with Thomas Lemar's impending move to Atletico Madrid.
Atletico defender Lucas Hernandez snapped a photo with Lemar and posted it on Twitter, expressing plenty of delight at the forward's transfer:
Reds to call time on Alisson pursuit
Liverpool will turn their attention away from Roma's Alisson in the search for a new goalkeeper, according to the Liverpool Echo.
Alisson has been reported to be a strong contender for a move to Anfield, but the Echo says that, contrary to recent reports in Brazil, no bid has been made.
It adds that there has been "no change in Liverpool's stance from earlier this year, when they informed Alisson's representatives not to expect an offer this summer."
Roma "are determined not to allow any club to pick up any of their players for what could be considered a cut-price fee," and Liverpool now feel it would be tough to strike a deal.
But the Echo adds that manager Jurgen Klopp "is still likely to sign a new keeper, with Simon Mignolet expected to depart."
Juve join chase for Tottenham's Dembele
Italian champions Juventus are interested in Spurs midfielder Mousa Dembele, who has a year left on his contract but seems increasingly likely to move on.
Dembele, 30, has been linked with a Chinese Super League move, but the Mail reports that Juventus, along with Napoli and Inter Milan, could try to bring him to Serie A.
However, it adds that Spurs -- who would want in the region of £20 million for the Belgium international -- "have yet to field any official enquiries as they prepare to offload him."
There will be incomings, with Aston Villa midfielder Jack Grealish and a new central defender among Mauricio Pochettino's reported priorities.
Meanwhile, defender Toby Alderweireld, a mooted Manchester United target, has said he is open to the idea of staying, the Telegraph says.
-- Bayer Leverkusen goalkeeper Bernd Leno is set to sign for Arsenal for a fee of around £20m, according to Sport Bild.
Leno, 26, was left out of the German World Cup squad and would take over as No. 1 from Petr Cech, whose contract expires in 2019.
-- Stoke are one of several clubs interested in Newcastle striker Dwight Gayle, but the Magpies will not consider letting him go until they have a replacement lined up, the Chronicle reports.
It adds that former Crystal Palace player Gayle, rated at more than £10m, is happy at St. James' Park and "would prefer to stay in the North East if possible."
-- Big changes could be afoot at Sheffield Wednesday, says the Mirror, which reports that the Owls "face a huge fire sale in a battle to balance the books."
That means they "face the prospect of losing top earners like Fernando Forestieri, Barry Bannan and George Boyd" after finishing 15th in the Championship last season.