The European transfer window is open. Click here to view all the latest transfers and keep up to date with the latest gossip below.
TOP STORY: Conte holding out Lukaku hope
Conte was quizzed on the potential move for the Manchester United striker following the game, and the Italian admitted that he hasn't lost belief that he can bring him to the Serie A giants before the European transfer window closes.
"We continue to work on it in the best possible way," Conte said. "I understand there are some gaps that need to be filled, but at the moment, I am very hopeful that this will happen."
All of this, of course, might depend on where Paulo Dybala winds up by the end of this summer. Dybala did appear destined for a move to Manchester United, but that appears to have gone belly-up, with sources telling ESPN FC that United are ready to end talks over the player.
But as the clock ticks down, who knows? Lukaku is reported to be training with Anderlecht while he waits for a summer move, according to HLN Sport, so it could be coming soon.
22.56 BST: We'll bring Monday's live edition of Transfer Talk to a close with an update on Leicester City's search for a replacement for Harry Maguire. Sky Sports reports that the Foxes will not sign Bournemouth centre-back Nathan Ake because the Cherries value the 24-year-old Dutch international at a staggering £75m.
22.09 BST: Crystal Palace have confirmed that former Chelsea captain Gary Cahill has joined the South London club on a free transfer, signing a two-year contract.
21.22 BST: The Independent reports that Wilfried Zaha expects to join Everton before the Premier League transfer window closes on Thursday, with the Toffees expected to meet Crystal Palace's demand of a £65m bid paid up front.
20.35 BST: As Tottenham work to bring in one of Giovani Lo Celso or Bruno Fernandes before the Premier League transfer window closes on Thursday, they are bracing for bids of less than £50m from clubs whose windows remain open until Sept. 2, including Juventus, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid and Inter, the Telegraph writes.
19.48 BST:> Bayern Munich are monitoring Gareth Bale's situation at Real Madrid and are considering proposing a loan deal near the end of the window should the Welshman continue to be stuck at the Bernabeu, according to AS. The Madrid-based outlet adds that Adidas -- which backs both Madrid and Munich, as well as Bale -- could pay the player's wages, noting that the Three Stripes brand "has a lot of money invested in Bayern."
19.01 BST: D.C. United forward Wayne Rooney is in talks with Derby County to potentially become a player-manager at the Championship club, the Telegraph reports.
18.14 BST: With the swap deal that would've sent Romelu Lukaku to Juventus in exchange for Paulo Dybala having collapsed, the Red Devils have cooled their interest in Dybala's teammate Mario Mandzukic to replace Lukaku, the Mail writes. The report goes so far as to suggest that United and Mandzukic had agreed personal terms last weekend on a contract that would run through 2022.
17.27 BST: The Miami Herald cites Gazzetta dello Sport as reporting that former AC Milan manager and midfielder Gennaro Gattuso "has been in serious talks" with former Rossoneri teammate and Inter Miami co-owner David Beckham about becoming the MLS expansion side's first manager when they join the North American league in 2020.
16.40 BST: Real Madrid don't want James Rodriguez anymore and tried to offload him as part of an offer for Paul Pogba (see 12.03), but La Repubblica in Italy reports that Napoli have a deal with Madrid that will see him join the Serie A side on loan on Aug. 22, if he has not been sold elsewhere in the meantime.
A bit of an odd one that, given they are accepting that they would be second-choice, but then again they would land him on loan so evidently it's something they can live with.
15.59 BST: Daily Neymar: Barcelona vice-president Jordia Cardoner has told TV3: "Seeing Neymar in Barcelona is complicated. We are passive actors. We know he is not comfortable in Paris -- this situation must be taken care of. We have not spoken with Neymar. We respect PSG. There is no Neymar case. If there is, one day, then we can talk about it."
15.21 BST: Highly rated Atletico Madrid striker Victor Mollejo, 18, who has just won the U-19 European Championship with Spain, has been linked with newly promoted Real Mallorca by Cadena Ser.
However, a source at US-owned Mallorca has told ESPN that the club are currently looking at other options to strengthen up front.
Apparently Balotelli himself is the one to have initiated contact to become the first Italian player at the club, while his brother Enock could join Rio de Janeiro's Boavista.
Bakayoko was on loan at AC Milan last season, but the Serie A club rejected the chance to sign him permanently for £32m. New Chelsea manager Frank Lampard has made it clear that Bakayoko isn't part of his plans for the new season and is looking to offload the 24-year-old to Turkey.
13.57 BST: Colombia international Mateus Uribe was introduced at Porto on Monday having completed what sources have told ESPN FC is a €9.5m deal plus incentives from Club America. The 28-year-old midfielder was an important part of Las Aguilas' team and the Mexico City club will look to rebuild having lost goalkeeper Agustin Marchesin (also to Porto) and Edson Alvarez (to Ajax) in recent weeks. The big question this week is whether America can persuade Guillermo Ochoa that returning to to the club is a better option than waiting to see what comes up in the remainder of the European transfer window.
Everton boss Marco Silva will reportedly return to his former club with another bid before the window shuts on Thursday.
Sessegnon, 19, would provide options at left-back and forward but Fulham reportedly want £50m despite the player only having one year left on his contract.
Sources told ESPN FC on Friday that United agreed to pay Leicester £80m, which represents a world record fee for a defender, surpassing the £75m Liverpool paid Southampton for Virgil van Dijk in 2018.
Leicester were holding out for a bid of £90m for Maguire before agreeing to a compromise. The 26-year-old underwent a medical over the weekend before signing a five-year contract and will be eligible to make his United debut against Chelsea at Old Trafford on Sunday.
Inter boss Antonio Conte had told the 31-year-old midfielder that he wasn't part of his plans, while Nainggolan chose Cagliari as his wife, Claudia Lai, is from the capital city of Sardinia and is currently battling cancer.
Sources have told ESPN that United want £150m for Pogba should they choose to sell this summer, while the player himself has gone on record to say that he wants "a new challenge."
11.34 BST: Eintracht Frankfurt and PSG are in talks over goalkeeper Kevin Trapp as the German side try to negotiate his €10m pricetag down in order to meet his personal demands, sources have told ESPN FC.
11.04 BST: Meanwhile, Sky Sports report that Arsenal are in talks with both Bordeaux and Rennes over the sale of wantaway captain Laurent Koscielny. But they'll need to sign a new centre-back if they sell him.
10.45 BST: Barcelona clearly want to get rid of midfielder Philippe Coutinho, but a reported loan move to Arsenal isn't on the cards as Gunners manager Unai Emery said after the club's 2-1 defeat in the Joan Gamper Trophy.
"We've never talked about Coutinho," he told Cadena SER. "He's a splendid player, but we haven't talked about Coutinho at any time."
10.25 BST: Don't forget to make your own transfers as you pick your team for our Premier League fantasy game! Take on your mates in head-to-head leagues, selecting a team each weekend to maximise points. Here's how to play the game, and click through to sign up.
09.59 BST: Liverpool will sign former West Ham goalkeeper Adrian, who was released this summer, as a replacement for Mignolet, sources have told ESPN FC.
The 32-year-old Spaniard left West Ham after six years this summer and was due to have talks with Real Valladolid with a view to joining them before receiving an offer from Anfield.
09.41 BST: Manchester City are set to make a late move in the transfer market to sign Juventus full-back Joao Cancelo for £27.5m plus Danilo.
The Sun claims that Cancelo has been on Pep Guardiola's radar for some time, while it's clear that Danilo wanted guarantees of more playing time which City were not able to give him.
09.18 BST: Manchester City midfielder Ilkay Gundogan is set to make a decision on his future within the next two weeks, with sources having told ESPN FC the Germany international is ready to sign a new contract at the Etihad Stadium.
Gundogan's deal runs out in 12 months' time and there has been speculation he could walk away for free next summer.
But speaking after City's penalty shootout victory over Liverpool in the Community Shield on Sunday, the 28-year-old suggested he is ready to pen a new contract.
"If you stay patient for another couple of weeks you will know, we will see," he said, when asked about his future.
Sources have told ESPN FC the club did not contemplate selling Gundogan this summer despite the risk of losing him on a free transfer, while recent talks over a new contract have been positive.
08.59 BST: Real Madrid have finally made a bid for Paul Pogba, which Manchester United have rejected, according to The Times.
The paper reports that Madrid made a "derisory" offer of £27.4m plus James Rodriguez for the France midfielder.
Pogba remains Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane's first-choice target, and hopes that initial offer will begin to pile pressure on United to sell. The front page of Spanish sport daily AS this morning reads: "Countdown for Pogba."
Pogba missed United's final preseason match against AC Milan at the weekend, instead having a run-out against Blackburn's U23s back in Manchester.
Speaking after the penalty shootout win over Milan in Cardiff, United's Nemanja Matic said of his midfield colleague: "We will see what is going to happen. He's a Manchester United player and of course we will be happy if he stays 'He is a great player and very important for the team.
"I don't see that he's going to leave. But in football anything is possible."
08.27 BST: Barcelona vice-president Jordia Cardoner has all but ruled out a move for Paris Saint-Germain striker Neymar this summer.
The Brazil international joined from Barca for a world-record €222m in 2017 but has not taken part in any preseason action with PSG hopeful Barca would make an acceptable offer.
"Seeing Neymar in Barcelona is complicated," Cardoner told TV3. "We are passive actors. We know he is not comfortable in Paris -- this situation must be taken care of. We have not spoken with Neymar. We respect PSG. There is no Neymar case. If there is, one day, then we can talk about it."
Neymar did not play in PSG's Trophee Des Champions win over Rennes on Saturday as he was suspended, but his involvement in the postmatch celebrations still managed to grab attention.
As PSG players jumped, danced and cheered, taking turns to lift the trophy, Neymar initially stood awkwardly beside the celebrations. Marco Verratti dragged his teammate into the fray, but moments later Kylian Mbappe shoved him out of the group, albeit with a wry smile.
08.00 BST: Liverpool goalkeeper Simon Mignolet is poised to join Club Brugge in a deal sources have told ESPN FC is worth up to £8m.
The 31-year-old, who was part of the squad for the Community Shield defeat to Manchester City on Sunday, said his goodbyes to his teammates at Wembley before boarding a private plane from London to Belgium.
He has agreed a long-term contract, with a medical and the formalities of the transfer set to be completed on Monday.
Mignolet's fee is an initial £6.4m, rising to £8m with achievable add-ons.
PAPER TALK (by Richard Edwards)
Neymar to Barca? Not now ...
Where Neymar ends up by the time the season begins has been discussed over croissants and cafe au lait for the majority of the summer. But for the moment at least, it appears that the Brazilian won't be back at Barcelona anytime soon.
That's according to Jordi Cardoner, Barcelona's vice president, who told Spanish outlet TV3 that the club is not in a position to snap up the Brazilian ... "today."
"Today, Neymar's signing is ruled out," he told the TV station, with the quotes carried on the Vbetnews website.
That is vague enough to keep most people -- and blogs -- guessing as to whether he will leave PSG and head back to Spain by the time the month is out.
Three clubs lining up Holgate bid
Burnley, Bournemouth and Sheffield United are busting a gut to sign Everton defender Mason Holgate, The Sun reports.
The outlet says that those three, plus Championship promotion chasers West Brom, are all keen to land the England Under-21 star. The player has two years left on his current deal at Goodison Park, but Marco Silva could be tempted to cash in if the interest in the player continues to push his value in the next few days.
It's possible that Harry Maguire's expected departure to Manchester United could spark a merry-go-round of defenders before Thursday, with the England defender's defection seeing the Foxes linked with Bournemouth's Nathan Ake and Burnley's James Tarkowski.
Who leaves and who stays could have a big say in where Holgate is playing by the time the serious business gets underway.
-- Manchester City look set to complete a £32 million deal for Juventus full-back Joao Cancelo on Monday -- with Danilo moving in the opposite direction. That's according to the Daily Mail, with the paper reporting that Juve sporting director Fabio Paratici is set to finalise the deal in Manchester in the next 24 hours.
-- Spurs, meanwhile, are set to entice Ryan Sessegnon to North London by throwing in academy prospect Josh Onomah as part of the £30 million package for the precocious England youth international. That's also according to the Daily Mail.