New York City FC defender Ronald Matarrita will be sidelined for 4-6 weeks due to a high ankle sprain, the team announced on Thursday.
The Costa Rica international was injured during Thursday's training session, and the hope is that he will return in time for NYCFC's match against Real Salt Lake on May 17.
Subscribe to MLS LIVE today!
- MLS LIVE is back with an all-new platform for 2017
- Get the most matches ever, LIVE and ON DEMAND
- Packages start at only $14.99 a month
- Watch MLS on your phone, computer or TV
- Subscribe today at live.mlssoccer.com
Matarrita has been a constant in the NYCFC lineup since joining from Costa Rican side Alajuelense prior to the 2016 season.
He has made 33 league and playoff appearances, scoring one goal and...