On the rare occasion that the scripted world of WWE is stuck by an unexpected real-life event, barriers come down and the community comes together to embrace one of their own in their time of need.
Roman Reigns opened up Monday Night Raw to reveal that his 11-year battle with leukemia has seen the disease return. After he vacated the Universal championship and embraced Shield compatriots Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose, the outpouring of support began -- starting with his cousins, The Usos, and covering many different eras of pro wrestling.
These are just a few examples of the messages of support Reigns received on Monday night:
- The Usos (@WWEUsos) October 23, 2018
@WWERomanReigns My Family And I Are Thinking Of You And Are Keeping You In Our Prayers! We Are Here For You! ������������
- Ric Flair® (@RicFlairNatrBoy) October 23, 2018
'Courage - strength in the face of pain or grief.' You have given us your everything including a courageously vulnerable moment. We, your WWE family, give you all of our love and support. #ThankYouRoman #NeverGiveUp
- John Cena (@JohnCena) October 23, 2018
— Vince McMahon (@VinceMcMahon) October 23, 2018
Roman is one of the best I've ever been in the ring with and one of the guys I respect and look up to the most in this industry.
My thoughts are with him and his family. I can't wait to see him overcome this and get to share a locker room with him again soon.#ThankYouRoman
- . (@FightOwensFight) October 23, 2018
- Kurt Angle (@RealKurtAngle) October 23, 2018
Fight on to victory my courageous brother! pic.twitter.com/wuYAoxa48p
- Bret Hart (@BretHart) October 23, 2018
I'm overseas and I just heard the terrible news about @WWERomanReigns and his battle with Leukemia. Totally shocked. Uce, you are a tough bastard and a true fighter, and you will beat this.
Lots of love.
- Sami Zayn (@SamiZayn) October 23, 2018
- #WOKEN, yet #BROKEN, Matt Hardy (@MATTHARDYBRAND) October 23, 2018
Roman Reigns exemplifies everything I believe a true leader should be.
Proud to have shared a locker room with him, and I'll be proud to share it with him again after he wins this battle.#ThankYouRoman
- Chad Gable (@WWEGable) October 23, 2018
.@WWERomanReigns you are the definition of what it means to be a leader and a champion and one of the toughest lads on the planet. We are all behind you and sending love. You will beat this. #ThankYouRoman
- Rebecca Quin (@BeckyLynchWWE) October 23, 2018
About to board my flight to Newark and hearing news about my #GoodBrother and one of the hardest working, strongest brothers I know @WWERomanReigns , got a pit in my stomach.
My family throwing so many prayers at you..
Love you bro.
- Karl Anderson (@KarlAndersonWWE) October 23, 2018
- Hurricane Helms (@ShaneHelmsCom) October 23, 2018
- Renee Young (@ReneeYoungWWE) October 23, 2018
- Todd Stansbury (@GTToddStansbury) October 23, 2018